Sunday, July 12, 2009

The dreaded before pictures....

These pictures make my toes curl but I believe they show the progress I have made. This first picture was from my senior year in college (Spring 2006). I didn't weigh my self in college because I was happy, active and my clothes fit well. I wore a size 8 dress to my college gradutaion. It wasn't until after college that those late night fast food runs really hit me.
This is a wedding picture from November 2006. I had began to put on weight but I was so happy and Brandon loved me no matter what I looked like. My wedding dress was a size 14. I was a little disappointed but with wedding planning and working my first full time job; my health wasn't really a priority.
This before picture is one of the worst ones that I have. It's funny how I really don't have many pictures from 2006 after my wedding cause I was so unhappy with the way I looked. After seeing this picture, I knew something had to be done. This was about the time that I had went into a popular store in the mall to buy a pair of jeans. I had gotten the largest size on the rack and I couldn't get them on. I asked the sales associate if they had a bigger size in the back. In her most hateful voice she said, "we don't carry sizes larger than that in the store...you will have to order on line." I felt awful. I left the store in tears.

In August of 2007, my grammy and I walked into a Weight Watchers meeting. It was scary. Although I wasn't the biggest lady in the meeting, I was one of the youngest ones. I kept saying to myself, "how did I let my self do this?" I left the meeting more determined than ever. I faithfully counted my points and after eight months, I had lost 35 pounds and made Lifetime. That was one of the proudest days of my life. I had done it. I vowed to never again see 178.8 on that scale. The weekend after I hit goal with Weight Watchers, I was a bridesmaid in my brother-in-laws wedding. As I stood in front of the church with the other wedding party members (Brandon was the best man) I felt beautiful and I knew my husband was thought the same and was proud to call me his wife. All my hard work had paid off.

This August I will celebrate two years of being at Weight Watchers goal. I am about seven pounds below my Weight Watchers goal and honestly I would like to be about ten pounds less than I am now. But keeping the initial 35 pounds off has been major for me. I am so thankful that Weight Watchers emphasized not only losing the weight but learning to live a healthy life. Believe in yourself, set goals and allow yourself to be beautiful no matter what your size. God created us in his image. No matter what the world says, we are beautiful in His eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment